Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Einstein knew a thing or two...

He said this..."Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
This might be a sore subject to some, it might offend or piss off.  But OH WELL!!! Here goes....

#4
Illiterate Jack-Asses!
Yes I realize that "illiterate" might be taking it too far.  Webster defines it as a person that cannot read or write.  My use of the word is slightly different.  It can also mean ignorant, unlearned and just plain uneducated.  Everyday at my job, I talk to people. (as I'm sure you do as well) I talk to fellow employees, customers that come in, customers that call and anybody in between.  It never ceases to amaze me that certain people have gotten this far in life knowing as little as they do.  I understand that education is not so important in some cultures, or is too expensive.  Blah Blah Blah!  How do you expect to get a GOOD job, keep said job, AND excel or move up in the world if you cannot speak correctly?!  Of course in my situation, not only am I dealing with ill educated people, I am also dealing with, well, lets just say "people that don't speak English".  I had a conversation the other day with a friend about how when Americans visit Italy, China or wherever, we are expected to learn at least some of their native language.  Simple things like, "where is the bathroom?" RIGHT?! Yet the south of the border dwellers don't.  Just doesn't make sense to me. Anywhoo...getting back to my original thought.  Here is a list of words or phrases that just chap my hide, get my goat, and just piss me the hell off!
1. Irregardless....NOT A WORD!
2. Alright....also, NOT A WORD!
3. Subposebly (see, I can't even spell it because IT IS NOT A WORD)
4. Once and a while....should be Once IN a while!
5. I could care less...."If you are capable of caring less, then please, do so. But if you don’t and can’t care anymore, the correct phrase should be “I couldn’t care less.”

And I think....
That.
Is.
All.
Buh-Bye now.


He laughs at your incorrect use of the English language.


No comments:

Post a Comment